Your son/daughter will soon be graduating with the class of 2017. The Faculty
and Staff at Leo Jr./Sr. High School wish to congratulate you for assisting your
child in achieving this milestone in their life. We wish your son/daughter every
success in the future.
In order to keep you informed concerning graduation and other upcoming events, we submit to you the following information.
1. In order to graduate with a diploma from East Allen County Schools and Leo Jr./Sr. High School, a senior must have met Indiana high school diploma requirements and passed the Graduation Qualifying Exam (ECA). All parents and students should be aware of their individual graduation status. Seniors who have not fulfilled minimum state graduation requirements by May 24, 2017, will not participate in the graduation ceremony on June 2, 2017.
2. Graduation will be at 7:00 P.M. on Friday June 2, 2017. Exercises will be held at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Students should be at the War Memorial Coliseum no later than 6:15 P.M. to line up for the procession. General admission seating begins at 6:00 P.M.
3. In the interest of time and in order to preserve the dignity of the graduation ceremony, we ask that recognition of all graduates be held until all seniors have received their diplomas. Traditionally the graduation ceremony is a dignified ceremony, and anything that interferes with the ceremony is disturbing to all. We ask that there be no yelling, whistling, or other activity that would draw undue attention to a particular graduate. We also ask that you encourage your son/daughter to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will not detract from the dignity of the ceremony. The time for recognition is at the end of the reading of all graduates’ names. I know all of you are proud of your graduate, but individual recognition is out of order and you are asked to refrain from it. Parents, we really need your cooperation in this matter. Please do your part to make sure we have an orderly graduation.
4. All financial obligations to the school are to be remedied by Friday
June 2, 2017, at 3:15 P.M. Books and iPads are to be turned in and all fees paid.
5. Exam Schedule-Seniors Only
A. Friday, May 19th Class Periods 1,4, and 7
B. Monday, May 22nd Class Periods 2 and 5
C. Tuesday, May 23rd Class Periods 3 and 6
6. Wednesday, May 24th Schedule
A. Breakfast and Senior Awards – 8:00 A.M.
B. Bus leaves for Coliseum - 9:30 A.M.
C. Pictures for Academic Honor Diplomas, Valedictorian, and
Salutatorian- 11:00 A.M. (Cap & Gown must be worn for pictures)
D. Bus goes to Shoaff Park – Noon – Lunch and activities
E. Students return to the high school at 2:30 pm and released
7. A group picture of academic honor diploma recipients, valedictorian, and salutatorian will occur at graduation practice. Recipients will need their caps, gowns, dress shoes, and National Honor Society stoles. Without the preceding items, you will not be part of the photo and will be mentioned as absent. The group picture will hang in the south entrance of our school, above the display cases.
8. Male graduates are to wear dress shirts with ties as well as dress pants and dress shoes with their graduation gowns. Ladies are to wear dresses or dress pants and dress shoes with their gowns.
9. Parking is available in the War Memorial Coliseum parking lot at a charge of $5.00 per car.
10. General Admission seating is available as well as handicapped accommodations. There are 5000 seats available for the families of 190 plus graduates. The War Memorial Coliseum is air conditioned for your comfort.
11. During graduation practice, students will be instructed in the procedures for gathering with relatives and exiting the Exhibition Hall after the graduation ceremony.
We anticipate a large crowd for graduation, and we will do everything possible to limit the ceremony to a reasonable length of time, hopefully one hour or less.
We hope the above information will prove to be helpful to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the school. Once again, congratulations to the Leo High School Class of 2017 Graduates!
Dr. Neal Brown III
is now available under the School Information link above.